Prohibited and Restricted Items, Restricted Sellers
Before listing your item, make sure its complies with all laws and is allowed to be listed for sale in accordance with SGBestBuy’s terms and policies.
Our policies are often based on country and state laws, although in some cases, they may also be based on input from our members and our own discretion, especially for dangerous or sensitive items.
When selling internationally, be sure to read our guidelines on international trading and import restrictions. Although certain items may be legal to sell in your country, they might be illegal elsewhere.
The list below a non-exhaustive guideline on prohibited and restricted items that are not allowed for sale on SGBestBuy. SGBestBuy will update this guideline from time to time where necessary. Please visit this page regularly for updates.
Violations of this policy may result in a range of adverse actions, including but not limited to any or all of the following:
- - Listing cancellation
- - Loss of settlement amount
- - Limits placed on account privileges
- - Account suspension / termination
- - Criminal charges / claim for damages
Types of Restricted Sellers
The following types of Sellers are not eligible to join or use the Marketplace or set up an account on SGBestBuy:
- - Franchises
- - Travel agents
- - High-Brand Risk Merchants (in line with Card Association Rules and Product & Service Rules)
List of Prohibited and Restricted Items
- > Alcohol — Valid license must be submitted and approved by SGBestBuy.
- > Animals and wildlife products — Including, without limitation, wild animals.
- > Artifacts and antiquities
- > Controlled drugs and drug paraphernalia — Include drug-like substances, narcotics and steroids.
- > Used cosmetics
- > Counterfeit currency and stamps
- > Credit and debit cards
- > Currency — Including, without limitation, digital currency.
- > Dating and escort services
- > Electronics equipment — Includes cable TV de-scramblers, radar scanners, traffic signal control devices and telecommunication equipment that has not been registered with the Info-communications Development Authority of Singapore.
- > Electronic surveillance equipment — Includes wiretapping devices and telephone bugging devices.
- > Embargoed goods
- > Firearms and weapons — Includes pepper spray, replicas, stun guns and etc.
- > Prohibited Food — For the safety of our Users, sellers may not list the following food and food-related items on our Website:
- a. Listings containing medicinal claims — that is, a claim that the item is intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans and/or animals, contraception, inducing anaesthesia or otherwise preventing or interfering with the normal operation of a physiological function, whether permanently or temporarily, and whether by way of terminating, reducing or postponing, or increasing or accelerating, the operation of that function or in any other way (for example, pharmaceutical drugs, contact lenses, misbranded dietary supplements).
- b. Noxious food items — Food which contains any prohibited substances or substances in excess of permitted proportions, adulterated food without fully informing the buyer at the time of sale of the nature of the transaction.
- c. Non-pasteurised dairy products.
- d. Wild mushrooms; and
- e. Any other food items hazardous to human health.
- > Food not falling into the Prohibited Food category above must adhere to these minimum standards and guidelines:
- a. Expiration dates — all food items must be clearly and properly labelled with an expiration or “use by” date. Expired food items must not be listed.
- b. Perishable items — Sellers who list perishable items should clearly identify in the item description the steps that they will take to ensure that the goods are properly packaged.
- c. Sealed containers — all food and related products sold on our Site should be packaged or sealed to ensure that Buyer can identify evidence of tampering or defect.
- > Government documents, IDs, and licenses — Include Police related items such as badges, insignia or uniforms.
- > Hazardous materials — Include fireworks and Freon.
- > Human parts or remains
- > Items related to automobile rental
- > Items relating to Charities
- > Items relating to gold investment
- > Items encouraging illegal activity — Include links to items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity.
- > Items related to massage parlour / massage services – Includes bookings, vouchers etc.
- > Items related to pyramid sales / multi-level marketing businesses
- > Items related to time share
- > Lock picking devices
- > Lottery tickets
- > Mislabelled goods
- > Obscene, seditious or treasonous materials
- > Online fortune teller services
- > Pesticides
- > Potentially infringing items — Including but not limited to replicas, counterfeit items, and unauthorized copies of a product or item which may be in violation of certain copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights of third parties.
- > Prohibited services — Sellers are not permitted to offer or solicit services on our Website that are illegal, sexual in nature or that violate the User Agreement.
- > Publications — Include books, films, videos and/or video games that do not comply with applicable laws in the country of sale and/or delivery.
- > Shares, stock, other securities and stamps
- > Slot machines
- > Stolen goods
- > Tobacco or tobacco-related products — Including, without limitation, electric cigarettes.
- > Travel and tour related services and items – Includes the sale of airline or cruise line tickets.
- > Video games involving in-game purchases
Reporting policy violations
If you see a listing that violates our policies, please report it by clicking on the “Contact Us” located at the bottom on most of our pages. When a policy violation occurs, we email the seller or the buyer to let them know that the listing has been removed from our Website.
If you have more questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.